Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam 2021 Online Application Schedule Released.
5th Class Studying Students are eligible for this test for Admissions to 6th Class
The Last date for the registration process of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya JNV Selection Test for Class VI admission is November 30.
The registration window opened on September 15 to November 30, and now the last date to submit the online application form is November 30.
PROSPECTUS FOR JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST-2021 FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS-VI
In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). Presently the JNVs are spread in 27 States and 08 Union Territories. These are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administered by Government of India through an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Admissions in JNVs are made through the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) to Class VI. The
medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to Class VIII and thereafter English for Mathematics and Science and Hindi for Social Science. Students of the JNVs appear for board examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected only from the students of Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. However, students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. In respect of wards of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST & Girl students and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged @Rs.1500/- per month or actual children education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less. However, VVN shall not be less than Rs.600/- per student per month.
Objective of the Scheme
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to Non-Hindi speaking State and vice-versa.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement in quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
- State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661 Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 27 States and 08 Union Territories, out of which 645are functioning. The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned is as under:
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||UT Ladakh||02||Punjab||22+01**|
|Assam||27+01**||UT Jammu & Kashmir||20+01**||UT Pudducherry||04|
|UT Andaman & Nicobar Islands||03||Karnataka||30+01**||Sikkim||04|
|UT Chandigarh||01||UT Lakshadweep||01||Telangana||09|
|Chattisgarh||27+01**||Madhya Pradesh||51+02**+ 01*||Uttar Pradesh||75+01**|
|UT Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||03||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Goa||02||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total 638+22**+1*= 661|
** Additional JNVs sanctioned for the Districts having large concentration of SC/ST population.* Special JNV
A maximum of eighty students are admitted in Class VI in each Vidyalaya through a Selection Test subject to availability of suitable candidates. The Samiti reserves the right to reduce the seats to forty or to withhold result and/or withhold admission and/or conduct of JNVST in case adequate accommodation is not available.
1.2 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test – 2021
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session
2021-22 will be held in On Saturday, the 10th April, 2021 at 11.30 A.M in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
The last date to submit online application is 30th November 2020.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JNV SELECTION TEST
- Procedure to register online for JNV Selection Test 2021
- The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through www.navodaya.gov.in. Verification of proofs for residence, age, eligibility etc. will be done for selected candidates through the laid down procedure after the declaration of results.The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the certificate with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his/her parent/guardian. The attachments should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between10-100 kb only.In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain `B’ certificate and residence should be in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.Online platform is in open source and free of cost. Application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.In all JNVs a help desk will be available to assist the candidates/parents to upload application free of cost. Parents may also approach the help desk in JNV along with candidate and required documents such as certificate with photograph along with signature of both candidate and his/her parent/guardian and a mobile phone with valid mobile number for
receiving the registration number and password through SMS for registration process.
- Issue of Admit Cards
The admit cards will be made available as per date decided by NVS in due course which will be displayed on application portal. The admit cards shall be downloaded free of cost by the candidates/parents before the conduct of JNVST.
2.3 Result of the Selection Test
The result of JNV Selection Test 2021 is expected to be announced by June 2021. Candidates can get the result from the admission portal. The result will also be displayed in the offices of the concerned:
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- District Education Officer
- District Magistrate
- Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
- The website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti www.navodaya.gov.in. The Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the selected candidates through SMS on the registered mobile number followed by a speed post.
SELECTION AND ADMISSION
- Selection in the test will not vest any right on the candidate to secure admission into the JNV. At the time of seeking actual admission, each selected candidate will have to produce all relevant certificates, as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Until admission, the selection is provisional only. Candidates are advised to apply for TC from parent school only after the verification of documents and confirmation of admission by the respective JNV.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Marks obtained by candidates (both selected and not selected) in the test are not communicated.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts or retotalling of marks, since the result is processed through computer and sufficient care is taken to ensure accuracy through various checks while processing the result.
- It may also be noted by the candidates and their parents/guardians that under the scheme of NVS, students of a JNV located in Hindi speaking State may have to be migrated to another JNV in Non-Hindi Speaking State and vice-versa for one academic year when the students are promoted to Class
IX. In case of refusal by the students/ parents selected for migration, continuation of such students in JNV will not be allowed.
- The candidates and their parents/guardians may note that the children selected on the basis of the Test will be admitted only in the JNV located in the district from where they are studying in class V and appearing for the JNVST. Under no circumstances, the selected candidate will be given admission to any other JNV. No request for shifting of students on account of medium of instruction in the JNV concerned, shifting of parents/guardians to other districts / States etc. will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC) will have to produce a certificate of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC at the time of seeking admission, if selected. The students selected under OBC quota have to submit OBC certificate as per prescribed format of Central List (Copy Annexed). Such certificate should be obtained from the competent authority before 30th
March of the year of seeking admission so that it may be submitted to the Principal of JNV concerned at the time of verification of document. For example, candidates seeking admission during 2021-22 should get the certificate on or before 30th March 2021.
- Candidates applying for admission under Rural Category will have to produce a certificate to the effect that the school(s) where candidates studied classes III,IV and V is located in Rural Area.
- Candidates belonging to the Divyang category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped), if selected , will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned at the time of admission in appropriate format.
- Candidates belonging to transgender category will have to submit a certificate from the competent authority prescribed by the concerned State Govt. with regard to their gender. No reservation is made for this category.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2008 and after 30-04-2012 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC). In case of doubtful cases of overage in comparison to the age recorded in the certificate, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the medical board will be treated as final.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2020-21 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. Schools where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2020-21. Actual
admission in Class-VI for the session 2021-22 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September 2020 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme and residing in urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before
15th September, 2020 is not eligible to apply.
4.7 No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas of the district and remaining seats will be filled from the Urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized schools located in rural areas. However, the candidate should study full academic session in Class-V from the same district where admission is sought.
- Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate/Tehsildar/Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
FOR TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES
No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories viz Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
- At least 75% of the seats in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the district concerned provided that in no district, such reservation will be less than the national average (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories (SC & ST) taken together. These reservations are interchangeable and over and above the candidates selected under open merit.
- 27% reservation shall be provided to the OBC students over and above reservation of SCs and STs. The reservations to the OBC students shall be implemented as per Central List, as applicable from time to time. The OBC candidates not included in Central list would apply as General Candidate.
- Minimum One third of the total seats are filled by girls.
- There is a provision for reservation for ** Divyang children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped) as per GOI norms.
** “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
- Total absence of sight; or
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
** “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
** “Locomotors disability” means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
** “Person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED AFTER SELECTION
The parents of the candidates who are provisionally selected for admission will have to submit the following documents at the time of admission for verification: –
- Proof for date of birth.
- Proofs for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS.
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, the parents will also have to submit a certificate from the competent authority to the effect that the child had studied in an Institution / School located in a rural area.
- Residence Certificate in prescribed proforma in case of NIOS studies only
- Any other documents required.
ABOUT THE SELECTION TEST
1. Centre for Examination
Each candidate shall appear for the selection test at the examination center allotted to him/her as indicated on the Admit Card. No candidate is permitted to appear from any other center. No request for change of center will be entertained. No candidate can appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card. Admit card may be downloaded from the website of NVS, HQ – www.navodaya.gov.in through admission portal.
- Language of the Examination
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test is conducted in various languages state wise as given below:
|Name of the State/UT||Languages|
|ANDAMAN NICOBAR ISLANDS||&||Hindi, English, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali|
|ANDHRA PRADESH||Hindi, English, Telugu, Marathi, Urdu, Oriya, Kannada|
|ARUNACHAL PRADESH||English, Hindi|
|ASSAM||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bodo, Garo, Bengali, Manipuri (Bangla Script),Manipuri (Meitei Mayek)|
|BIHAR||English, Hindi, Urdu|
|CHANDIGARH||English, Hindi, Punjabi|
|GOA||English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada|
|GUJARAT||English, Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi|
|HIMACHAL PRADESH||English, Hindi|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||English, Hindi, Urdu|
|JHARKHAND||English, Hindi, Urdu, Oriya|
|KARNATAKA||Hindi, English, Malayalam, Tamil||Kannada,||Telugu,||Marathi,||Urdu,|
|KERALA||Hindi, English, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada|
|LAKSHADWEEP||Hindi, English, Malayalam|
|MADHYA PRADESH||English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|MAHARASHTRA||English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Urdu, Telugu, Gujrati|
|MANIPUR||English, Hindi, Manipuri (Meitei Mayek)|
|MEGHALAYA||English, Hindi, Khasi, Garo, Bengali, Assamese|
|MIZORAM||English, Hindi, Mizo|
|ODISHA||English,Hindi, Telugu, Oriya, Urdu|
|PUDUCHERRY||English, Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam, Hindi|
|PUNJAB||English, Hindi, Punjabi|
|SIKKIM||English, Hindi, Nepali|
|TELANGANA||Hindi, English, Telugu, Kannada, Marati, Urdu|
|TRIPURA||English, Hindi, Bengali|
|UT Ladakh||English, Hindi, Urdu|
|U T OF DADAR NAGAR HAVELI Daman and Diu||& and||English, Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi|
|UTTAR PRADESH||English, Hindi, Urdu|
|UTTARAKHAND||English, Hindi, Urdu|
|WEST BENGAL||English, Hindi, Bengali, Nepali, Urdu|
NOTE:- A CANDIDATE WILL BE GIVEN A TEST BOOKLET IN THE LANGUAGE
WHICH HE/SHE HAS MENTIONED IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
- Composition of the Test
The selection test will be of two-hour duration from 11:30 am to 01:30 pm and will have 3 sections with only objective type questions. There are 80 questions in all for 100 marks.
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
A single test booklet comprising of all the three sections will be given to each candidate. Additional time of 30 minutes will be allowed for “Divyang students” (differently-abled students)
3. Method of Recording Answers
- A separate OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided. Candidates are required to indicate their answers at an appropriate place on the OMR sheet. A copy of specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded in the website of NVS.
- Only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen is to be used to write on the OMR Sheet. Candidates should bring their own ballpoint pens. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited.
- For each question, there are four probable answers, out of which only one is correct. The candidate is required to select the correct answer and darken the corresponding circle of the chosen answer. For example if your answer for Question no. 37 is C, darken the circle under C as given below.
- No change in the darkened circle is allowed. Striking, applying white/correction fluid and erasing on the OMR sheet is also not allowed. Such answers will not be evaluated.
- 1.25 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be done.
4. Instructions and Examples
- The candidate must carefully read the instructions given on the cover page of the test booklet as well as those for each section before attempting the questions. Candidates are advised to confirm that the test booklet received by them is of the language opted for the test. In case test booklet of correct language opted for is not provided, the candidate should get it changed before the start of the examination. It is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the test booklet of his choice as opted in the application form. No representation in this regard will be entertained after the examination is over.
- The total time would be two hours without any break. Additional time of 30 minutes will be allowed for “Divyang students” (differently-abled students).
- Securing qualifying marks in each of the three sections is essential. Candidates are advised not to spend more time on each section of test than suggested, although they are free to adjust the total time, as they like.
- There will be a bell after every 30 minutes.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card.
- Candidates have to be seated in the allotted rooms latest by 11:00
a.m. late comers will not be permitted to appear for the test.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination hall/room till the completion of full allotted time.
SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR UPLOADING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
The online application form for admission to Class VI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is self-explanatory. However, following guidelines may be specifically kept in view by the students and their parents/guardians.
- Please read the Prospectus carefully. Fill in complete information after ensuring that the candidate fulfills all the prescribed requirements such as date of birth within specified range (01.05.2008 to 30.04.2012), schooling in classes III, IV & V in recognized institution(s). (Govt. / Govt. Aided / Recognized / NIOS).
- Carefully fill the certificate to be uploaded along with the application form with regard to category i.e. General, SC, ST, OBC & Divyang, Boy/Girl and Rural/Urban. If it is found at the time of admission that a candidate has opted a category to which he/she does not actually belong, his/her selection is liable to be cancelled.
- (a) Mention the date of birth in figures as well as in words. Write correct Date of Birth as per school records. In case, if it is observed at a later stage that the Date of Birth of the candidate does not match with the school records his/her candidature is liable to be rejected.
(b) Permanent identification marks which can be identified clearly shall be mentioned in the Application Form by the candidate.
- Signature of both, the candidate and the parent / guardian should be uploaded while applying for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test.
.The last date to submit online application for test is 30th November 2020.
CAUTION: Application form is liable for rejection, if columns are left blank or the entries are incomplete. Applicants should ensure that they fulfill all the prescribed requirements of education, age, categories (SC/ST/OBC/Divyang) and area (Urban/Rural) wherever applicable. If any information given in the online application form is found to be false / incorrect on subsequent verification, even after the selection of the candidate, the admission is liable to be cancelled and the decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will be final and binding. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. Such admissions, if any, obtained by any candidate on the basis of false certificate / declaration / information shall not only be cancelled but Samiti also reserves the right to recover the expenditure incurred on a student during his/her entire stay in a Vidyalaya.
Applicable for the candidates who seek admission through the studies in NIOS and to be furnished at the time of admission to JNVs
As per Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya District State Letter no. Dated my ward Mast./Kum. has qualified through the entrance exam for admission to Class VI at JNV _
State / UT
during the session
I am residing in the following address since .
* The area where the residence falls under the Rural/Urban area of the District
Village _ Town District State Pin Code _
Certified that the information furnished by me is true and no fact has been concealed.
Signature of Parents Full Name
(To be filled by the District Authorities and issued under the signature of SDM/ Tehsildar to the parents of the child selected for admission to Class VI in JNVs through JNVST)
This is to certify that the above information furnished by Shri/Smt
. Father/Mother of Master/Kumari a candidate selected for admission to Class VI in JNV District
has been verified from the records and is found to be correct.
*The area where residence is located falls under (Rural/Urban) area of District _ .
JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST – 2021 CERTIFICATE
|Gen. SC ST OBC|
Last date of submission of online application form is 3 0th November 2020.
|Certified that the information given below are correct in respect of (Name of Student) who is studying in Class V in (Name of School) and interested to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2021||Affix Passport size photo of the candidate|
|Name of Candidate (IN BLOCK LETTERS)|
|Father’s Name (IN BLOCK LETTERS)|
|Mother’s Name (IN BLOCK LETTERS)|
|Name of the Guardian and relationship, if any.|
|Date of Birth||In figure||In words ………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………|
|Gender Please put (ü) mark||Boy||Girl||Transgender||Category|
|Nature of disability, if any. Please put (ü) mark against the respective category||Physically handicapped||Visually impaired||Hearing impaired|
|Identification mark …………………………………………………………………………………………………..|
|Present Postal Address||Mobile No. ………………………… Email……………………………..|
|Nationality ……………………………||Religion …………………………..|
|Medium of Examination …………………….. (Please indicate one language out of languages for the state concerned given in the prospectus)|
|Name of the School (studied – III & IV and studying V) and village/place|
|School Location : Rural / Urban|
|Month and Year of Joining|
|Month & year of Passing||—|
|Name of the Block|
|Name of the District|
|Name of the State|
I certify that the school (s) in which my ward studied/studying is a recognized school and fulfills all the eligibility criteria as per NVS requirements. I also understand that even if the candidate has studied in urban area for even a single day in any of the classes III, IV & V, the student will be treated as urban candidate.
If any of the information provided is found to be wrong, the candidature of my ward will be forfeited at any stage even after admission in JNV. I also submit that no change in aforesaid data shall be requested by me in future and I agree that in case of mismatch in the online and offline data, the data submittedTHROUGH ONLINE mode shall be treated as final.
|Signature of the candidate||Signature of the Parent|
Note: In respect of NIOS students, area will be decided on the basis of residence of the candidate.