రాష్ట్ర అసెంబ్లీలో సీఎం కేసీఆర్ ప్రకటన మేరకు తెలంగాణాలో ఉద్యోగాల జాతర మొదలైంది. వనపర్తి సభలో చెప్పినట్టుగానే అసెంబ్లీ వేదికగా నిరుద్యోగులకు తిపి కబురు అందించారు. ఊహించని విధంగా సుమారు 80, 039 పోస్టులకు డైరెక్ట్ రిక్రూట్మెంట్ద్వారా ఉద్యోగాలను భర్తీ ప్రక్రియ వెనువెంటనే ప్రారంభించనున్నట్టు సీఎం కేసీఆర్ ప్రకటించారు. మొత్తం 91, 142 ఉద్యోగ ఖాళీలను గుర్తించగా ఇందులో 11, 103 కాంట్రాక్ట్ ఉద్యోగులను రెగ్యులరైజ్ చేయనున్నారు. రాష్ట్రపతి ఉత్తర్వుల మేరకు అటెండర్ స్థాయి నుంచి ఆర్డీవో వరకు 95శాతం ఉద్యోగాలు స్థానికులకే దక్కుతాయని సీఎం స్పష్టం చేశారు.
ఉద్యోగ ఖాళీల వివరాలివే..
హోంశాఖ: 18వేల 334
సెకండరీ ఎడ్యూకేషన్: 13 వేల 86
హయ్యర్ ఎడ్యూకేషన్: 7 వేల 878
హెల్త్,మెడికల్,ఫ్యామిలీ వెల్ఫేర్: 12 వేల 755
బ్యాక్వర్డ్ క్లాసెస్ వెల్ఫేర్: 4 వేల 311
రెవిన్యూ డిపార్ట్మెంట్: 3 వేల 560
షెడ్యూల్డ్ క్యాస్ట్స్ డెవలప్మెంట్ డిపార్ట్మెంట్: 2 వేల 879
ఇరిగేషన్ అండ్ కమాండ్ ఏరియా డెవలప్మెంట్:2 వేల 692
ట్రైబల్ వెల్ఫేర్:2 వేల 399
మైనార్టీస్ వెల్ఫేర్: 1825
ఎన్విరాన్మెంట్, ఫారెస్టు, సైన్స్ అండ్ టెక్నాలజీ: 1598
పంచాయతీ రాజ్ అండ్ రూరల్ డెవలప్మెంట్: 1455
లేబర్ అండ్ ఎంప్లాయ్మెంట్: 1221
విమెన్,చిల్డ్రన్,డిసెబ్ల్డ్ అండ్ సీనియర్ సిటిజన్స్:895
మున్సిపల్ అడ్మినిస్ట్రేషన్ అండ్ అర్బన్ డెవలప్మెంట్: 859
అగ్రికల్చర్ అండ్ కో-ఆపరేషన్: 801
ట్రాన్స్పోర్ట్,రోడ్స్ అండ్ బిల్డింగ్స్ డెవలప్మెంట్: 563
న్యాయ శాఖ: 386
యానిమల్ హస్బెండరీ అండ్ ఫిషరీస్: 353
జనరల్ అడ్మినిస్ట్రేషన్: 343
ఇండస్ట్రీస్ అండ్ కామర్స్: 233
యూత్ అడ్వాన్స్మెంట్ టూరిజం అండ్ కల్చర్-184
ఫుడ్ అండ్ సివిల్ సప్లైస్:106
ఎనర్జీ : 16
గ్రూప్-1: 503 పోస్టులు
జిల్లా స్థాయి పోస్టులు: 39829
జోనల్ స్థాయి పోస్టులు: 18866
మల్టీ జోనల్ పోస్టులు: 13170
ఇతర కేటగిరీ, వర్సిటీల్లో పోస్టులు: 814
STATEMENT ON DIRECT RECRUITMENT
- Inadequate representation and injustice in public employment to the local candidates belonging to Telangana region was one of the issues that led to the demand for a separate State of Telangana. Government, therefore, have always been conscious of the aspirations of the local candidates of Telangana in regard to employment in Government and Government institutions.
- Though the employment potential in Government in any State or Country would be limited to not more than 5% of the total employment, the fact remains that there is certain amount of satisfaction and pride associated with the employment in Government.
- It is in this background that the Government of Telangana have made efforts and succeeded in obtaining a new Presidential Order for Telangana under Article 371-D of the Constitution of India which now provides for reservations in favour of local candidates in civil posts and posts under local authorities to an extent of 95% at all levels, starting from lowest cadre to posts equivalent to Deputy Collector. The reservation in favour of local candidates belonging to Telangana under the new Presidential Order is substantially higher than the reservation that was in vogue under old Presidential Order, both in terms of percentage of reservation and the posts covered for reservation. The new Presidential order provides for reservation even in posts like, Deputy Collector, CTO & DSP for which there was no reservation in favour of local candidates under the old Presidential Order. Further, the extent of reservation is now 95% for all posts as against the 60 to 80% under the old Presidential Order.
- The local candidates of Telangana, apart from the 95% reservation in their district, zone and multi zone can also compete for the 5% open quota in any other district, zone or multi zone. This in effect would enable candidates local to Telangana to compete for all the 100% vacancies in any district, zone or multi zone.
- Further, a local candidate of Telangana can compete for the district cadre posts in his local district and zonal cadre posts in the zone where the candidate’s district is located.
- The formation of new State of Telangana, apart from division of territories, also involved division of assets and employees, not only in Government and Government institutions, but also the various commercial undertakings and other entities under the Government included in Schedules-IX and X of the Andhra Pradesh Re-Organization Act. This exercise has taken lot of time, as division of employees involved the Central Government and issue of orders by the Central Government under the A.P. Re-organization Act. The entire exercise of division of employees of Government departments has been completed only in the year 2017. Division of assets and employees in respect of Schedule-IX and X institutions is not yet completed. Associated with this exercise are several court cases and litigation between the two States and also the various cases filed by the aggrieved employees.
- The Government of Telangana, after formation of the new State have embarked upon several path-breaking schemes and projects, which necessitated a change in the priorities of the Government, which in-turn also necessitated re-designing of several departments and strengthening of core departments like Irrigation, Agriculture, Police, Medical and Health, Rural Water Supply, Panchayat Raj and Education.
- In this process, the Government have sanctioned 1,12,307 new posts in various departments in tune with the priorities set by the Government, which include 1,526 posts of Agricultural Extension Officer Grade-II, and 6,603 posts of Panchayat Secretaries.
- In addition, the Government of Telangana have inherited large number of contract employees, which is a legacy of the united state. Such a large number of contract employees under the Government is not a desirable phenomenon. In fact, the new Government of Telangana in the early years brought about an amendment to the provisions of The Telangana (Regulation of Appointments to Public Services and Rationalization of Staff Pattern and Pay Structure) Act, 1994 to provide for regularization of the contract employees, who were working as an 2nd June, 2014, subject to their eligibility and fulfilment of other conditions for appointment. However, midway, this process was held up on account of the Court litigation and an interim order passed by the Hon’ble High Court. The Hon’ble High Court has recently dismissed the related writ petitions by its order dated 7.12.2021. There are 11,103 contract personnel working against the sanctioned posts and Government have decided to regularize the services of all such contract personnel who are eligible for regularization.
- Notwithstanding the above scenario and challenges, the Government have notified 1,56,254 posts for recruitment after the formation of Telangana, out of which 1,33,942 posts have been filled up. The remaining 22,312 posts are under the recruitment process.
- The direct recruitment to certain categories of posts, which were categorized as Group-I, Group-II, Group-III and Group-IV and several other posts in several departments was held up mainly on account of the amendments awaited to the Presidential Order, 2018. This is to ensure the benefit of 95% reservation in favour of local candidates in direct recruitment in (33) districts, (7) Zonal and (2) Multi Zonal cadres, which are as below
|Multi Zone – I||Zone-I – Kaleswaram||Asifabad-Komarambheem, Mancherial, Peddapalli, Jayashankar-Bhupalpalli, Mulugu Districts|
|Zone-II – Basara||Adilabad, Nirmal, Nizamabad, Jagityal Districts|
|Zone-III – Rajanna||Karimnagar, Sircilla-Rajanna, Siddipet, Medak, Kamareddy Districts|
|Zone-IV – Bhadradri||Kothagudem-Bhadadri, Khammam, Mahabiubad, Warangal Rural, Hanamakonda Districts|
|Multi Zone – II||Zone-V – Yadadri||Suryapet, Nalgonda, Bhongir-Yadadri, Jangoan Districts|
|Zone-VI – Charminar||Medchal-Malkajgiri, Hyderabad, Ranga reddy, Sanga Reddy, Vikarabad Districts|
|Zone-VII – Jogulamba||Mahaboobnagar, Narayanpet, Jogulamba-Gadwal, Wanaparthi, Nagarkurnool Districts|
12. Soon after the amendments were received and approved by the Central Government in June, 2021, the organization of new local cadres as per the new Presidential Order, 2018 has been completed in August, 2021.
13. After consultation with various employees’ associations, the allotment of the existing employees among the new local cadres, was taken up and completed during December, 2021. With this, the number of direct recruitment vacancies in each of the new local cadres viz., District, Zonal and Multi Zonal is now known, for the purpose of notifying vacancies and direct recruitment.
14.After several rounds of detailed review at the level of Chief Minister, concerned Ministers, Chief Secretary and Secretaries, a comprehensive enumeration of all the sanctioned posts, working strength and direct recruitment vacancies in all the departments has been taken up and completed. Simultaneously, Government, after considering the requirement in the newly formed Districts, Municipalities and Gram Panchayats, have decided to sanction 6,211 new posts. In addition, Government also proposes to fill up 2,020 teaching posts and 2,774 non-teaching posts in the universities.
15. The total number of Direct Recruitment vacancies thus arrived at is 91,142. After regularization of 11,103 contractual personnel working against these vacancies, the net posts available for direct recruitment will be 80,039.
16. The Government have accordingly decided to take up recruitment for 80,039 posts. The financial implication of filling up of 80,039 vacancies and regularization of 11,103 contractual personnel would be Rs. 7,300 crores per annum to begin with.
17. The details of these posts, Group wise, Local cadre wise and Department wise are as follows.
Table 1: Group Wise Vacancies
|Sl. No||Groups||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|Table 2: Local Cadre Wise Vacancies|
|Sl. No||Local Cadre||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|4.||Other Categories and Universities||8,174|
|Table 3: Local District Cadre Wise Vacancies|
|Sl. No||District||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|24||Komaram Bheem Asifabad||825|
|Table 4: Zone Wise Vacancies|
|Sl. No||Zone||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|1||Zone VI – Charminar||5,297|
|2||Zone IV – Bhadradri||2,858|
|3||Zone III – Rajanna||2,403|
|4||Zone II – Basara||2,328|
|5||Zone VII – Jogulamba||2,190|
|6||Zone V – Yadadri||2,160|
|7||Zone I – Kaleswaram||1,630|
|Table 5: Multizone Wise Vacancies|
|Sl. No||Local Cadre||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|1||Multi Zone – I||6,800|
|2||Multi Zone – II||6,370|
|Multi Zone Total||13,170|
|Table 6: Department Wise Vacancies|
|Sl. No||Department||Direct Recruitment Vacancies|
|3||Health, Medical & Family Welfare||12,755|
|5||Backward Classes Welfare||4,311|
|7||Scheduled Castes Development Dept||2,879|
|8||Irrigation & Command Area Development||2,692|
|11||Environment, Forest, Science & Technology||1,598|
|12||Panchayat Raj and Rural Development||1,455|
|13||Labour and Employment||1,221|
|15||Women, Children, Disabled and Senior Citizens||895|
|16||Municipal Administration and Urban Development||859|
|17||Agriculture and Co-Operation||801|
|18||Transport, Roads and Buildings Department||563|
|20||Animal Husbandry & Fisheries||353|
|22||Industries And Commerce||233|
|23||Youth Advancement, Tourism and Culture||184|
|25||Food & Civil Supplies||106|
18. Keeping in view the aspirations of the unemployed youth, Government have also decided to relax the upper age limit for direct recruitment, to enable more unemployed become eligible to compete in the proposed recruitment, by ten years, except for uniformed services like police. With this, the upper age limit will be 44 years for O.C, 49 years for SC, ST, BC, 54 years for Physically handicapped, and 47 years for Ex-Servicemen.
19. Further, Government, as a policy, has decided that henceforth there will not be any more contractual appointments.
20. Government have also decided that henceforth the Government will determine in advance and notify the direct recruitment vacancies that would be filled every year. Accordingly strict instructions have been issued by the Chief Secretary to all the Secretaries and HoDs to regularly update the vacancy position in their respective departments. Then a recruitment calendar will be announced annually.
21. Accordingly, all the departments will immediately give indents to the concerned recruiting agencies for issue of notifications. The notifications will be issued with suitable gaps to facilitate aspiring candidates to compete in various examinations.
K. CHANDRASEKHAR RAO